[ExI] What happens to US space programs after November?

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 21:23:26 UTC 2020

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 1:06 PM John Clark via extropy-chat <

> If you want to mine in space then you'd do better mining a M class
> asteroid like 16 Psyche which seems to be one big chunk of metal.

Agreed.  Personally, I suspect that bringing a non-tiny M-class asteroid
into the Earth-Moon system (decelerating it into some degree of Earth
orbit, perhaps GEO) and making a colony out of that is more viable than
setting one up on the Moon.

But Keith was asking specifically about lunar colonization.