[ExI] why sleep?

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 00:23:51 UTC 2020

The gravitational wave stuff was so interesting but one of the reasons I
switched was because I was looking at noise for years with no signals, lol.
We were confident at that time GW existed but not 100 % certain. It was
weird to work in a scientific field where you just look at noise all day
long and no signal at all.
We had even a sociologist in our community that studied exactly this kind
of anomaly and how scientists managed.

Also my dad died of ALS and my job as a professor at the small college
where I was teaching had to let go all the new hires because of the crisis
in 2008. That was the year that I was supposed to get tenure. So I wanted
to use this negative situation to do something new and challenging and more
practical and went into biomed (also closer to transhumanistic type of
research).
Given the anti-aging and cognition enhancing connection with hacking sleep
I feel I'm contributing to the field of life extension and that is
fulfilling.
By the way Franco-Cortese and I have a paper that was published in Aubrey
scientific Journal about a possible approach to radical life extention.

https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/Whole-Body-Induced-Cell-Turnover%3A-A-Proposed-for-Cortese-Santostasi/bf269924f14f41d8b5fe49c40d7697484019b135

This paper was mentioned in Juvenescence book with his own chapter
https://www.amazon.com/Juvenescence-Investing-longevity-Mellon-Jim/dp/0993047815

This should serve as a introduction as myself given you didn't know I was a
PhD, I'm catching up.