[ExI] kiwis keeping it real

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Jun 20 17:26:11 UTC 2020

> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] kiwis keeping it real

…

Did you know that I was a member of the Society for the SCienfitic Study of Sex?  Gave a paper in Boston.   The had a clothing optional masked ball (heeheehee)

bill w

Further proof life is soooo not fair.  While BillW was doing nekkid masquerade parties, my generations was stuck with worn-out old National Geographics in the back of the library.

I mentioned that to a guy my age, and observed how NatGeo began to get an inkling that perhaps, just maybe, theoretically, this wasn’t quite kosher to be publishing these photos of the Amazon tribes…women.  He opined that early political correctness had nothing to do with it.  The reason they stopped doing that is that Playboy magazine had dominated that market.  Hmmm, well that comment has the ring of truth.

The result of course is that schools soon stopped teaching geography, as the students lost all interest in the magazine which was the best source for actual cultural information (ja, we did sometimes read the actual articles in there (I am not kidding, we read the text (we really did (I learned stuff from that (well, I mean other than the obvious (I learned about the actual Amazon and stuff (it wasn’t as boring as we assumed (it just had a lot of competitive distractions in those pages.))))))))

Sheesh no wonder our generation was so screwed up.

spike