[ExI] all of them

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 14:29:06 UTC 2020

The people who lived in the past are all guilty of benefiting from the work
of slaves.  If they did not directly benefit, then they are guilty of not
doing anything about racism and slavery.  Sins of omission.

I haven't done anything either, so I am as guilty as all the rest.  They
should pull my statue down.  (Wait, I don't have a statue - yet.)

Once overgeneralization gets going there is no logical place to stop.  They
smeared Voltaire's statue.  Voltaire?  VOLTAIRE??  OK, well, everyone
everywhere benefited from buying and selling slaves, and their labor.  They
influenced the price of cotton all over the world, for one thing.

Will someone tell me how this is going to stop?

In the analogy of the mind, where the unconscious is an elephant and the
conscious is the rider, the elephant has clearly started going wherever it
wants to.  What is it going to trample next?

bill w