[ExI] crispr

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Jun 24 16:56:39 UTC 2020

On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: [ExI] crispr

Like the musical song goes:  this could be the start of something big.  bill w

BillW, you need to offer them a clue.  These young people have never heard of Tony Bennett or Andy Williams.

If you listen, check out that band, my goodness, SMOKING hot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICZG9-eatr8

CRISPR for sickle-cell, one year on <https://nature.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2c6057c528fdc6f73fa196d9d&id=be594d5bfb&e=d520e39c16>

As the one year anniversary of her receiving a ground-breaking treatment for sickle-cell disease approaches, it’s good news for Victoria Gray — the first person in the United States to undergo CRISPR gene therapy to treat a genetic disorder <https://nature.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2c6057c528fdc6f73fa196d9d&id=41b2ab62c0&e=d520e39c16> . …“It's hard to put into words the joy that I feel — being grateful for a change this big. It's been amazing,” said Gray…

Bill It is my regret that you never got a chance to meet Robert Bradbury.  This is exactly what he was talking about when he predicted 20 yrs ago at a dramatic moment at Extro4 that in vivo genetic modification would someday be possible.

http://www.sentientdevelopments.com/2011/03/remembering-robert-bradbury.html

Robert has been gone nine years, but Milan Cirkovic is apparently alive and well.  This article is from less than 2 yrs ago:

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/our-attitude-toward-aliens-proves-we-still-think-we-re-special

He’s another one of our visionaries who has lived to see it unfold.