[ExI] Visible light from two Black Holes with the help of a third

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Jun 25 20:44:56 UTC 2020

> On Behalf Of John Clark via extropy-chat
Subject: [ExI] Visible light from two Black Holes with the help of a third

For the first time astronomers think they may have detected the Gravitational Waves from the merger of two black holes and also visible light emissions from the collision…

Candidate Electromagnetic Counterpart to the Binary Black Hole Merger Gravitational-Wave Event S190521g <https://journals.aps.org/prl/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevLett.124.251102>

John K Clark

John did you eeeeever think you and I would live to see something as outrageously cool as this?  I remember this being discussed some time ago, but they always presented it as something that is absurdly cool but that we would never get to see.

Well, theeeey were wrong and I hope theeeey are still with us, to see it.