[ExI] Russians bots at work again?

Darin Sunley dsunley at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 18:45:08 UTC 2020

My point about sneering had nothing to do with whether it was deserved or
not, or even whether this is the appropriate place to do it.

It's that it doesn't /work/. It is /counter/-productive. It is literally
/ir/rational.

You have operational goals with respect to these people. You wish them to
come to believe certain things, and you wish them to come to act in certain
ways.

Sneering not only does /not/ advance your goals, it /hurts/ them. No matter
how good it feels to sneer at the deplorable outgroup, it is a dumb thing
to do.

Sneering at the "deplorable" outgroup arguably got Trump elected. It is a
stupid, self-destructive, irrational thing to do.

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 12:37 PM SR Ballard via extropy-chat <