[ExI] Russians bots at work again?

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 20:36:03 UTC 2020

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 2:55 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

*> What if the guy was just nuts?*

Hillary Clinton and Bill Gates running a child sex slave ring from the
basement of a pizza parlor that has no basement? Of course the guy was
nuts! But there are millions of Americans who are almost as nuts and they
all voted for the same man in 2016 and they intend to do it again in 2020.

*> There is a reason why I went off on that tangent: lawmakers do not know
> how to define that term either.  They are sure assault rifles are bad, but
> they cannot distinguish between assault rifles and non-assault rifles.  Can
> you? *

For some reason lawmakers got into a tizzy over silly cosmetic differences,
but the only thing that matters is that an assault rifle is capable of
semi-automatic operation, it's the type of weapon favored by virtually all
the infantry soldiers in all the armies of the world since about 1950;
before then most military men were satisfied with manually operated bolt
action rifles. And before that, at the time when the second amendment was
written, soldiers thought muzzle loading smooth bore muskets were good
enough to defend a nation or to take over another one.

John K Clark