[ExI] The Wall

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Jun 27 22:55:47 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] The Wall

>>…Had New York City merely enforced their borders, they could have been completely covid-free today.

>…spike   tell me the logic of that, please     bill w

BillW, there are no borders around New York City.  The USA has no effective borders either, none that are rigorously enforced.  USians travel all over the planet and were there already with the virus broke free in China.  Obviously there is no way to prevent them from returning home.  Anything that evolves anywhere on Earth will come to the USA (and everywhere else too) and there is not one thing we can do to stop it, not one damn thing.

New York, well, they could have prevented some of the fatalities by not sending covid patients into nursing homes.  That was insanity bordering on criminal malice.  But they can’t keep it out.  No state can keep it out, and no economy can stay locked down indefinitely.

This current nightmare will happen again and again, with similar results next time, possibly worse, because we have an ageing population.