[ExI] green berette, was: RE: Russians bots at work again?

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 17:50:34 UTC 2020

'You need to go out for football, boy.'  Well, maybe not 'boy' to a Black
boy.  I watch golf, and they have been working out for some time now, and
maybe of them are really athletes who could play football or some other
sport.  (Remember the Superstar competitions where the bowler and the
golfer and the NASCAR driver vied for last place?  They had to sign up for
several skill tests, and once I saw Mike Tyson, I think (anyway a very
powerful boxer) stand up in the pool in the swim contest after half a lap
when the rest had finished.  This powerful man churning the water and
getting nowhere.

Look at another injury case - Tiger Woods.  His can-do attitude exceeded
every one's, and so he started lifting weights.  Result:  three back
surgeries in his early 40s.

But yeah, Spike, high school football, never mind the pros, is very hard on
the body, esp. the knees.  Many will need replacement surgery later on.
Maybe that's why we have so many athletic golfers - they excused themselves
from the football team by golfing.

It would be OK with me, even given how many thousands of football games I
have watched, if the sport was discontinued in high school, when for many
their bodies are not even fully mature, making injury even more common and
worse.  And some die of heart attacks, perhaps the result of poor
screening.  And dehydration.  When I was a baseball player we were told NOT
to drink water or anything else.  It would make you cramp.  And die.

Me?  I joined the choir.

bill w

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 12:35 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <