[ExI] The Japanese mystery: why so few COVID cases?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Jun 29 22:00:40 UTC 2020

Subject: Re: [ExI] The Japanese mystery: why so few COVID cases?

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 5:09 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

> Sure, but Trump didn’t say that however.

>…The title of the puff piece was "WHITE HOUSE:  US taking  'very liberal' approach to counting COVID-19 deaths", so... ..the White House is saying it but Trump isn't saying it? Who said 'very liberal', a house that happens to be white?

The White House cannot talk.  It was Dr. Birx who said it:

Q    Can you talk about your concerns about deaths being misreported by coronavirus because of either testing or standards for how they’re characterized?

DR. BIRX:  So, I think, in this country, we’ve taken a very liberal approach to mortality, and I think the reporting here has been pretty straightforward over the last five to six weeks.  Prior to that, when there wasn’t testing in January and February, that’s a very different situation and unknown.

There are other countries that if you had a pre-existing condition and let’s say the virus caused you to go to the ICU and then have a heart or kidney problem — some countries are recording that as a heart issue or a kidney issue and not a COVID-19 death.

Right now, we’re still recording it, and we’ll — I mean, the great thing about having forms that come in and a form that has the ability to mark it as COVID-19 infection — the intent is, right now, that those — if someone dies with COVID-19, we are counting that as a COVID-19 death.

Ambassador Dr. Deborah Birx, 7 April 2020

>…And Dr. Birx is the one who was standing 2 feet from Trump when he said on national TV that injecting people with disinfectant might be a good idea, and she said absolutely nothing to contradict him!   John K Clark

If we had one, it would be a good idea but we don’t.  Plenty of people inject themselves with a disinfectant at the evening meal and other times during the day: ethanol is a disinfectant.  When one devours ethanol, it ends up in the bloodstream.  Unfortunately for humanity, alcohol is an example of a disinfectant that does not slay C-19 in the concentrations humans can tolerate.

Of course if a vaccine or covid-19 killer is discovered, of course it would be a good idea to inject it.  John, would you agree?