[ExI] extropy-chat Digest, Vol 198, Issue 6

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Fri Mar 6 17:47:36 UTC 2020

On 06/03/2020 16:32, Giulio Prisco wrote:
> "Atheism has none of that. Religions give people reasons for being
> horrible to others. Atheism doesn't."
>
> Bullshit. In atheist regimes, people have been beaten, sent to gulags,
> and murdered, for peaceful behaviors like attending an underground
> church or wearing a cross. This is a FACT.

I'm not disagreeing with that fact. But my point is not bullshit. You're
ignoring what I'm saying and going after a straw man. If you don't want
to think about this, though, that's up to you. You've already indicated
that you don't want to use rational thought here, and want to use a
faith-based mindset instead. It's a shame, but it's your decision.

--
Ben Zaiboc