[ExI] funniest 6 order of magnitude error evah

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 18:41:59 UTC 2020

On Fri, Mar 6, 2020 at 11:55 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> > I am astonished this one got past the cameramen.  I don’t expect much
> of news anchors and politicians, but the camera guys shoulda spotted it in
> time:
>

> https://twitter.com/TheTNHoller/status/1235913628873904129
>

> …heeeeeeeeeheheheheheheeeeeeee…
>
> In their defense, the word million and trillion rhyme.

started watching I assumed the news anchor and the guest were making fun of
the tweet, but no, they thought it was making a good point! Anybody can
have a bad brain fart, OK maybe not quite that bad but pretty bad, however
there were 2 of them and neither noticed how dumb it was, and they weren't
seeing it for the first time. Maybe the camera guys did spot the error but
thought it would be more fun to let them go ahead and make fools of
themselves.

Did they ever make a retraction?

John K Clark