[ExI] Space and religion are the likeliest pathways out of decadence: Ross Douthat

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 18:39:44 UTC 2020

keith wrote    The tendency to get a religion is so common that it must
have been
under positive selection pressure at some time in the past.

Maybe you would know:  I suspect that the amount of variability in the
small tribes that constituted our ancestors' living arrangements was rather
small.  Everyone had to follow/believe in the shaman, whether a separate
figure, or the leader himself, or get shunned.  Conformity pressures in
small groups are large.  Even today we have religions that preach that
unbelievers should be killed.

bill w

On Sat, Mar 7, 2020 at 12:16 PM Keith Henson via extropy-chat <