[ExI] perspective on covid

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 17:27:51 UTC 2020

The obvious way to get money out of politics is to make the government
smaller and weaker. It's power that attracts the money.

-Dave

That is the mantra of the Mississippi legislature.  Result:  agencies lay
off people; health care gets cut and cut; welfare gets cut and cut; try to
get a driver's license; capitol city full of potholes; bridges and roads
declared unsafe  But they haven't raised taxes!  But they should.  They
don't even fund laws they pass, and when they do they cut other agencies to
do so.  In addition to there being no fat in our budget, there's not much
lean either.  But getting business will take care of that!  Nope - you have
given them millions of dollars tax breaks to come here a provide a few
hundreds jobs.

I wonder if they know what happened in Kansas?

bill w

On Mon, Mar 9, 2020 at 11:52 AM Dave Sill via extropy-chat <