[ExI] bad news for smart people

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 20:14:58 UTC 2020

It takes a certain kind of smart to spot these biases in oneself.  Part of
that is simply a commitment to do so, out of an honest recognition that it
simply works better (and thus, recognizing signs when it might be the case,
versus when people are just trolling or deluded - including and especially,
when the first source you hear of a major new topic from, has its facts
wrong - out of delusion or malice - and there is nothing that warrants
serious concern, just like you previously thought because you had not
previously heard of the topic).

On Mon, Mar 9, 2020 at 11:41 AM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <