[ExI] bad news for smart people

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 13:41:38 UTC 2020

On Mon, Mar 9, 2020 at 4:18 PM Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat <

> *It takes a certain kind of smart to spot these biases in oneself.  Part
> of that is simply a commitment to do so, out of an honest recognition that
> it simply works better*

I do that but not because I'm more honest, it's just that I like to debate
and I like to win. I have zero loyalty to ideas and I'm lazy, so if I
notice that my opponent's position is easier to defend than my own I don't
fight it, I just drop my previous position and claim the new one as my own.
I'm also not afraid of stealing better ideas from other people. I've been
doing this for years because as Picasso said "*good artists borrow, great
artists steal*".

John K Clark