[ExI] bad news for smart people

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Mar 10 15:20:24 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of John Clark via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] bad news for smart people

Spike, for your grid of numbers to be meaningful you need to add another column "number of virus tests performed", after all if you do no tests you have no confirmed cases.

 John K Clark

Hi John, I agree.  Eventually we can estimate it closely enough by number of pneumonia fatalities.  Even without kits, we could take the number of pneumonia fatalities, subtract the background average number and attribute the difference to visiting priests carrying disease.

Given the choice, I would prefer to perish in my sins, and try to talk my way past the pearly gates giving that as an excuse: I was hoping to prevent infecting the visiting cleric who could subsequently infect other sinners.  If that didn’t work, at least one could feel good about doing the right thing as one languished in the eternal flames of hell, ja?