[ExI] the CDC's weird recommendation on masks

Re Rose rocket at earthlight.com
Wed Mar 11 22:58:50 UTC 2020

LOL Stuart - I haven't understood a single thing the CDC has done! I
personally would not go out at this point without a mask, IMHO of course
they help protect you, at the least by keeping you from touching your face
with a virus-y hand.

If anyone is interested, I made a video on how to treat a surgical mask to
have anti-viral properties, by spraying it with a salt solution. The 2017
paper I refer to is cited in the comments at YT. And YES wear swimmers
goggles too!  https://youtu.be/pf8Iahxhd7Y

Even the salt-infused mask is limited if it is not form-fitted to your
face. I made a wire form (I used 16 ga craft wire) that I attached two
rubber-band loops to, to hold in place both over and around my head. I put
a tissue around the wire so it looks less dorky, the wire form is worn
outside the mask, serving to close the gaps. You can also tape the mask to
your face but be warned - that itches! YMMV.

--Regina

Message: 4