[ExI] Odd Market Moves

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 10:40:49 UTC 2020

On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 5:29 AM Rafal Smigrodzki via extropy-chat <

>> *Dylan Distasio: This is a full blown financial panic similar to
> 2008-2009.   EVERYTHING is being sold without fail.  Even interest rate
> sensitive securities like utilities have been sold all the way down here
> despite the decline in interest rates.   FWIW, I am a heavy buyer of US
> equities at these levels.*
>
> > *### I am thinking about maxing out my home equity line and buying
>> airline stocks, Tesla, S&P 500, or whatever.*

You're a braver man than I am. In the long term someday airlines will
certainly come back but existing airline companies and their stock price
might not, and as John Maynard Keynes said "In the long term we're all
dead". In 2008 and 1987 and even 1929 there was just economic uncertainty,
this time there is biological uncertainty too.

 John K Clark