[ExI] > Taiwan is standing strong

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Mar 18 21:25:16 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of John Clark via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] > Taiwan is standing strong

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 2:14 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

>>> POTUS does not have any authority on the date of the November election.

>> To paraphrase Mao Zedong, authority comes from the barrel of a gun. And before you ask the answer is no, I am not a fan of Mao Zedong… John K Clark

> And that my international friends is why the USA has a second amendment.  The system was set up so that US citizens can protect ourselves from our own government if necessary,

>…I think that's a bogus argument for the second amendment, a bunch of silly rednecks with their little hunting rifles would be comically outmatched by what the Commander In Chief would have on his side…

The militia doesn’t fight the military.  The military takes an oath to defend the constitution, not obey the POTUS.  If POTUS is outside the limits of the CONUS, he is no longer president.

>… things like Abrams M1 battle tanks and helicopter gunships. And besides, most gun nuts are Trump fanatics too so they'd be of no help in defending the constitution… John K Clark

On the contrary sir.  The military is identifiable.  The militia is not.  The military wouldn’t take on an armed militia, for the two forces are on the same side, defending the constitution.

John you worry about things that are not real.  POTUS does not have the power to seize more power.  Were that possible, one or more of his predecessors, perhaps most of this predecessors, would have seized power.

By referring to second amendment rights supporters as a bunch of silly rednecks with hunting rifles, you make yourself ever more formidable in the Arrogance Olympiad.  Were you to show a trifle of respect for others, we might be able to take you on.