[ExI] It's totally under control

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 11:31:20 UTC 2020

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 11:05 PM Darin Sunley <dsunley at gmail.com> wrote:

I've done a great job <https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1240629919383785474>

> > *It's the President's job to exude confidence, earned or otherwise. *

Churchill didn't deny reality but he gave his nation confidence
nevertheless, he said "*I** have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears
and sweat*.” And even after a victorious battle he knew the war was far
from over so he told the truth , "*this is not the end. It is not even the
beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning*".

But at a time when aggressive action could have saved thousands, perhaps
tens of thousands, of American lives Trump was saying Covid-19 is "*The
Democrats new Hoax*" at his WrestleMania type crown while thousands of
members of the Trump Cult cheered mindlessly.

*> It's what Trump's done his entire life, what he was hired for, and
> frankly, he isn't much good at anything else.*

All Presidents lie from time to time but for Trump lying is like breathing,
it's all he does. But despite all that practice Trump still isn't a very
good liar, he doesn't even try to make them sound believable. After doing
nothing and denying the reality of the virus danger for over 2 months
yesterday he claimed to have been saying it was a dangerous global pandemic
before anyone else. But even such transparent lies will not be enough to
deprogram members of the Trump Cult, some mind viruses are even harder to
kill than COVID-19.

  John K Clark