[ExI] amendment I

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 16:23:36 UTC 2020

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 10:40 AM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <

> How are we getting around the 1st amendment and the freedom to peacefully
> assemble?

As a practical matter the 1st amendment means whatever the Supreme Court
says it means. And I don't think declaring, in the middle of a global
pandemic, that quarantines are unconstitutional, is a battlefield most
judges would want to die on. As for exactly how to get around it, well, a
good lawyer (Better Call Saul) can make an argument in support of just
about anything.

By the way, I just tried to verbally search for "quarantines" and I got
stuff about "horney teens", I tried again and this time I got stuff about
"florentines", so I gave up and just typed it in. I have a feeling in the
coming weeks Google will become more familiar with that word.

John K Clark