[ExI] shining example and COVID-19 (John Clark)

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 21:32:22 UTC 2020

Wait, what? If everyone can tweak themselves--and we're not just talking
appearance--what makes you think everyone's going to choose the same
"ideal" form? Everyone has their own preferences  Dave

How could there be any competition among people?  If there were still jobs
done by 'humans' then if they wanted someone to do matrix algebra you'd
just change your code to enable that ability.  Of course the true computers
would likely be doing that.

So are we envisioning a life of play while AIs run the planet?  I keep
coming back to reproduction.  Evolution is a game with reproduction as the
goal.  How does that fit in with uploaded people?

I can also see a role for psychologists and programmers.  They would help
the uploaded person decide on what he wanted to be and the programmers
would achieve that.  I just have not thought about this very much and so my
ideas are likely to be primitive.

As for nanobots, isn't it more likely to be manufactured viruses and
bacteria?

bill w

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 3:26 PM Dave Sill via extropy-chat <