[ExI] Uploads

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 11:15:40 UTC 2020

On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 6:46 AM Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat <

*> One thing that I would probably want to do would be to define a set of
> conditions under which automatic systems would override my conscious
> decisions. Eg., if  the decision threatened my survival.*

In other words it would be a bad idea to have total control over your own
emotional control panel because unrestrained positive feedback rarely
produces good results. Like electronic junkies uploads would likely slide
the happiness lever all the way to the right and just sit there and do
nothing but be happy. Getting rid of negative emotions like boredom would
be an even worse idea, then you'd become permanently fixated on impossible
tasks like a malfunctioning computer that needs rebooting.

 John K Clark