[ExI] geometry of solar system

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Mar 28 16:42:33 UTC 2020

> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat

Subject: [ExI] geometry of solar system

"Either the earth goes around the sun or it doesn't."

Is that true?  According to what I read, you can pick any point, even Pluto, and consider it to be the center, although that makes the geometric math a nightmare.  So we take the sun as the center just to make the math easier.  Right?  Question ditto for galaxy.

bill w

Sure can BillW.  Even making the math simpler is now mostly irrelevant: computers don’t care how complicated the code is.  They return the answers just the same.  Coders would rather have simpler code of course.  But there are plenty of good reasons to use your own reference frame as the center of the universe.