[ExI] Is the USA doing too much to prevent COVID-19?

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sat May 2 12:45:58 UTC 2020

On Fri, May 1, 2020 at 9:24 PM Keith Henson via extropy-chat <

> *> Trump isn't the problem, it's the people who elected him.  Why do
> suchpeople support him?  It's rooted in our evelutionary past and not
> hardto explain.  I have done it several time on this list.*

That's not entirely fair, the American people never supported Donald Trump,
not before the election during it or after it. The American people made it
clear they wanted Hillary Clinton to be the next president, but under our
system the wishes of the American people don't matter. Only the 538 members
of the Electoral College are allowed to vote in the only presidential
election that matters, and 304 of them decided that what this country
really needed was a president who was an imbecile; and so like it or not
that's exactly what the American people ended up with in addition to
unconventional suggestions on where to place Clorox to cure viral disease.

Meanwhile the German people picked somebody who has a doctorate in Quantum
Chemistry,  Angela Merkel, to be their leader, and because Germany is a
more democratic country than the USA the people got what they wanted. And
today only 80 people out of a million die of COVID-19 in Germany but in the
USA 199 die.

John K Clark