[ExI] Nuclear power was is the USA

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Mon May 4 18:25:52 UTC 2020

William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there any real alternative to nuclear power?

Several, a number of which have been mentioned here.  If you want to
consider the one I worked on for ten years, visit the google group
power satellite economics.

One of the last things posted was an analysis I did of what it would
take to put the world on synthetic fuel from PV converted to oil.
Recently the cost of PV power in the mid-east has gotten down to 1.69
cents per kWh.  At that price, synthetic oil would cost about the same
as the stuff that comes out of the ground.

Supplying the world oil market would take paving about 1/3 of the
Sahara desert with PV.

Keith