[ExI] schools, was: RE: Even India and Haiti do it better

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri May 8 17:02:08 UTC 2020

  the best bet for actual learning is to forget watching their classroom
lectures on Zoom and just go to Khan Academy: smarter lecturer, better IT,
better everything.  spike

Once upon a time near the beginning of the video age, the dept. got a
circular about a series of videos teaching basic statistics.  My chairman
asked if I wanted them.  My answer was that if I were out for an extended
period of time, then having those in reserve was a good idea.  Other than
that, I prefer to teach the class myself.  We did not order.

So - you are not going to make any headway with superintendents and
principals by suggesting that they bypass their teachers and get their
students to watch better teachers on videos, even if they cost very little
or nothing.  They will support their teachers - or pay a big price.  The
unions will jump all over them.

BTW = what was wrong with my post about the invalidity of the population
infectios rates and death rates?  I believe those to be useless, as I
said.  Maybe it is just something the guys can play around with?

bill w.

On Fri, May 8, 2020 at 9:49 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <