[ExI] Trump's Coronavirus Response

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun May 10 14:04:24 UTC 2020

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 9:31 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> *I don’t know how it works outside of USA*

Then I'll tell you. The South Korean economy shrank by 1.4% in the first
quarter of this year. The US economy shrank by 4.8% in the first quarter of
this year.

Both South Korea and the US reported their first case of COVID-19 on
January 20. Within 2 days South Korea had developed an excellent test for
the virus and was using it extensively. The US has not done as well even
after 3 months.

As of today at 13:40 GMT South Korea has 10,874 people sick with the virus.
The US has 1,348,315 sick with the virus.

As of today at 13:40 GMT South Korea has 256 deaths from the virus. As of
today at 13:40 GMT the US has 80,068 deaths from the virus.

One country had a coherent coordinated plan to deal with this emergency and
one country did not.

 John K Clark