[ExI] Fw: A preferred direction to the universe?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun May 10 21:35:47 UTC 2020

Subject: [ExI] Fw: A preferred direction to the universe?

>...I seem to remember predicting that  our  universe was non-isotropic with my causal cell argument a couple of years ago...

If it is non-isotropic, so many of our most basic assumptions are incorrect, or rather they are very close approximations.  The ugliness in the equations is too revolting to consider.

>...So I wonder if the spatial variation of the fine-structure number is large enough to influence the evolution of intelligent life? Might it serve to narrow the anthropic principle to a more localized space-time? If so, this spatial variation of the EM field could explain the Great Silence and give our universe a "Goldilocks zone".

Stuart LaForge

Ja it sure would.  It could mean our Goldilocks zone is temporary, perhaps only a few tens of billions years.  Do let us hope it is not true, but if it is true, let us hope it will not become generally known.