[ExI] Dystopian Fiction

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue May 19 12:27:53 UTC 2020

On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 1:30 AM The Avantguardian via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

> To what extent did Orwell contribute to the creation of the modern surveillance state?

Dystopian fiction certainly has its place.  I would hope Orwell’s 1984 should be required reading in high school literature courses.

Considering what we have seen playing out in the states with our FBI, there we see the danger of one-way transparency.  When it is made into reciprocal transparency, those who enjoyed living behind the one-way mirror cry foul.

Watch closely Avant.  What is happening right now is very important.  Watch over the next few weeks.  Long live reciprocal transparency.