[ExI] Deficit spending and never admitting you were wrong

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Wed May 27 11:59:45 UTC 2020

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 7:36 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

>  > *If we can somehow solve budget problems by printing more money, the
> tax rate should be in the single digits and the money-minting numbers
> should be in the 16 digits.*

And so like a mantra you repeat that same tired old line yet again; I've
lost track of how many times.

*> I think we are fooling ourselves thinking we can print our way out of
> trouble.  No country can do that,*

The US did exactly precisely that in 2008 when we were like a pencil
balanced on its tip and about to fall into economic catastrophe, it's the
only reason we didn't have a repeat of 1929. At least some people learn
from past mistakes.

John K Clark