[ExI] Is a copy of you really you?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed May 27 17:58:19 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2020 10:27 AM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Cc: Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ExI] Is a copy of you really you?

On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 10:07 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

What if one is hetero (blush) and I could clone ourselves into the opposite gender?

>…Would the clone be heterosexual, or still be into the same gender (and thus competing for the same sexual partners as you)?

Oy vey, you’re right, I hadn’t thought of that angle: if my clone has the same mind as the original me but we figured out how to switch the Y to an X, then she would be attracted to females, as I am, so she would be homosexual.  I would want to play with her, but she wouldn’t want me: she would feel like a man who is misconfigured, more interested in playing with herself.  Hey, when you think about it, that might be kinda cool too: no expense, no bother, just gaze into the mirror, get going, done.