[ExI] Is a copy of you really you?

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Wed May 27 23:03:37 UTC 2020

On Wed, May 27, 2020, 6:28 PM John Clark via extropy-chat <

> Money is not going to be an issue. If we have duplicating machines good
> enough to duplicate me then it can duplicate other things too, so I just
> take my half of the assets and run them through the machine.

For those who believe head-in-a-dewar is enough,  we needn't perfectish
clone a body at whatever cost - the technology to arrange is surely capable
of re-arrange for cheaper.  There are plenty of redundant clones on the
refurb market.  If you are still you after losing a limb (or 4) then you
are still you in a robot or a repurposed cow.