[ExI] Voltaire's Micromegas

Robin D Hanson rhanson at gmu.edu
Sat May 30 16:57:45 UTC 2020

It is somewhat derivative of Gulliver’s Travels, which came before and more clearly qualifies:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulliver%27s_Travels

On May 30, 2020, at 12:55 PM, John Clark via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:

Although fantasy stories are much older I think Voltaire's 1752 "Micromegas" may be one of the first true Science Fiction stories ever written; I just finished reading it, listening to it actually, and it's really very good and doesn't sound like it's 268 years old. You can get it for free if you're on Audible.

John K Clark

Robin Hanson rhanson at gmu.edu
Future of Humanity Inst., Oxford University
Assoc. Prof. Economics, George Mason University
See my books: http://ageofem.com http://elephantinthebrain.com