[ExI] owwwww, dang

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Sun Nov 1 10:55:04 UTC 2020

On 31/10/2020 22:09, ExiMod wrote:
> Regrettably I have had to place John Clark on moderation as he cannot
> be trusted to post sensibly to Exi-chat.
> This will apply at least until after the election next week.
> John can still read Exi-chat, but his posts will be queued awaiting
> approval before posting.
> Delays will be unpredictable, depending on other commitments.
>
> Note: This does not apply to Extropolis, where there are no restrictions.
>
> ExiMod

I have to express my objection to this, as John's post (that apparently
triggered this) was not about american politics, it was about the
running of the Exi-Chat list. If that sort of post is to be moderated,
we are in a bad place indeed. Yes, I know this is not a democracy, but
I'm sure we've all heard the expression 'Chilling effects', and don't
want it to be something that occurs here.

I'm one of the non-americans who get pissed off at the excessive
american politics that has dominated this list in the past at certain
times, but I don't see John's comments about the moderation of the list
as falling under that heading.

--
Ben Zaiboc