[ExI] owwwww, dang

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 16:12:22 UTC 2020

On Sun, Nov 1, 2020 at 2:56 AM Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat <

> On 31/10/2020 22:09, ExiMod wrote:
> > Regrettably I have had to place John Clark on moderation as he cannot
> > be trusted to post sensibly to Exi-chat.
> > This will apply at least until after the election next week.
> > John can still read Exi-chat, but his posts will be queued awaiting
> > approval before posting.
> > Delays will be unpredictable, depending on other commitments.
> >
> > Note: This does not apply to Extropolis, where there are no restrictions.
> >
> > ExiMod
>
> I have to express my objection to this, as John's post (that apparently
> triggered this) was not about american politics, it was about the
> running of the Exi-Chat list.

No, it was about American politics too.

It contained a reminder that the US President controls the American nuclear
launch codes, a point John has hammered repeatedly to underscore the
urgency and importance of removing Trump from office - implying shame upon
anyone who does not give their every waking moment and all their wealth to
defeating Trump (and thus preventing Trump from initiating a nuclear war),
which was part of the original reason to move politics chat to another list.

As often, XKCD has a strip about this sort of fallacy:
https://xkcd.com/2368/ .  The alt-text/mouseover-text is
particularly relevant here.