[ExI] Training GPT-3 to play nice - it's difficult!

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Nov 2 18:04:18 UTC 2020

-----Original Message-----
From: spike at rainier66.com <spike at rainier66.com>

>...it would get caught right away.  It would use some of my quirky text
patterns such as using uncommon or archaic terms...  All my writings are of
no value for doing Turing test training, damn.    {8-[  spike

But wait, it gets worse.

As I was making a list of what phrases and quirky text patterns I would need
to eliminate in order to train a bot without getting caught right away, it
occurred to me how often I use the phrase, "...hey cool, check this..."  or
something a lot like it.  Ordinarily that would be considered a good thing:
gratitude is a powerful emotion.  It is good to reminded self that self has
had a good life, far better than I deserve with my paltry dearth of
socially-redeeming qualities and virtuous deeds, which I cheerfully confess.
However... the law of averages is gonna catch up with my ass eventually.

{8-[