[ExI] Training GPT-3 to play nice - it's difficult!

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Nov 2 18:11:30 UTC 2020

> On Behalf Of Dave Sill via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] Training GPT-3 to play nice - it's difficult!

On Mon, Nov 2, 2020 at 12:11 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

Another fun experiment: …  Alternative: first warning from ExiMod, tip off ExiMod that it is a joke (sorta) and the Turing Test has just been passed (sorta.)

>…It's not the Turing test unless the tester(s) know they're testing. E.g., just because someone is fooled by a tech support chatbot doesn't mean there was a Turing test. And there should be exactly two entities being tested: one human and one computer.  -Dave

Hi Dave, ja so right you are.

No worries, we have a different test with its own name, which specifically means a subset of Turing’s notion where the proles don’t know there might be software among them.  That should have a name, such as… the spike test?