[ExI] vaccine maybe

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Nov 10 16:28:29 UTC 2020

From: Dave Sill <sparge at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ExI] vaccine maybe

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 10:27 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

>>…How many here plan on getting immediately?

>…I'll get it when it's readily available. My only risk factor is my age (60).

-Dave

Indeed sir?  I had concluded from your posts that you are about 30.  I am also 60.  Dave you present with the self-confidence of a young person.

Cool thanks for that confidence in the vaccine.  Every person who takes it provides useful data on side effects and efficacy.  I will take the vaccine before the risk balance is in my favor, as a kind of public service sorta.  It’s a judgment call when that is: at first the risk is unknown for taking it (presumed small) but the risk of not taking it is known (very small in my case (my only contact with the proletariat is geezer hour at Walmart (0600 Tuesday mornings (and there aren’t many of us in there at that time of day.)))

I have high hopes for this being the end the scourge.

Disclaimer: I own some Pfizer stock (but not much (so the announcement was a payday in a sense (but not much of one (all the stocks went up a lot on the announcement (so it was a payday for all of us in that way (puzzling observation: Pfizer went up about the same percentage as all the others (I don’t get it.))))))