[ExI] put up with me

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 15:04:02 UTC 2020

On Fri, 13 Nov 2020 at 14:42, William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat

> I have no idea where we go from here.  We don't know, and maybe won't know what caused the heart attack, but I have avoided surgery, stents, etc.  Now if I can just walk 100 feet without feeling out of breath......
>
> bill w

I bet you've been reading / looking at the news channels again!  :)
Too much stress!

<https://theconversation.com/the-matrix-is-already-here-social-media-promised-to-connect-us-but-left-us-isolated-scared-and-tribal-148799>
Quote:
I’m a psychiatrist who studies anxiety and stress, and I often write
about how our politics and culture are mired in fear and tribalism. My
co-author is a digital marketing expert who brings expertise to the
technological-psychological aspect of this discussion. With the nation
on edge, we believe it’s critical to look at how easily our society is
being manipulated into tribalism in the age of social media. Even
after the exhausting election cycle is over, the division persists, if
not widening, and conspiracy theories continue to emerge, grow and
divide on the social media.
Based on our knowledge of stress, fear and social media, we offer you
some ways to weather the next few days, and protect yourself against
the current divisive environment.