[ExI] put up with me

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Nov 13 17:20:23 UTC 2020

>…> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat

Subject: Re: [ExI] put up with me

I have been putting off the exercise…

The beta blocker may have to stay.  It lowers heart rate and that helps protect the heart - makes great sense to me.  It's the BP ones that I want to get rid of.

bill w

BillW, I had a colleague who suffered a massive heart attack at age 48.  It killed about half of his heart muscle.  They managed to clear the blockage and save his life but he had to have high dosage beta blockers after that.  He could return to work (and did) but he commented that the meds limited his heart rate to about 90 bpm.

His comment demonstrated his sense of humor didn’t die that day.  He could no longer do physically-demanding work.  DEAL! He could no long do vigorous exercise.  Heh, he never did vigorous exercise before, so didn’t even know what that was, so no worries.  He could no longer have sex.  That he could live with.  But he could no longer get pissed off.  That part he really missed.  That really pissed him off.