[ExI] plastic turkeys

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Nov 19 20:08:00 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2020 10:40 AM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Cc: William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ExI] plastic turkeys

But Spike, maybe that guy packing the plastic turkeys has an IQ of 75 and is ecstatically happy to have that job - not lousy at all.   We, ofcourse, would quickly become insane. bill w

Ja we would hate that.  You and I had mindless jobs at one time, but we were teenagers and knew it was temporary, a necessary evil.  I can’t imagine something like that being the end of a career.

Where I was going with that thought experiment: go one level up.  The guy right upstream of the packaging guy is the one who runs the injection molding machine.  She is given the mold pieces, usually two for this kind of end product, and mounts them into the device, sets every dial, and hits start.