[ExI] plastic turkeys

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Nov 19 21:36:56 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2020 1:19 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Cc: William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ExI] plastic turkeys

>…plastics - whoever invents biodegradable ones will be superrich - ditto the person who invents a spray we can use on the floating islands of plastic flotsam and jetsam in the Pacific for them to degrade harmlessly -ditto for degradable styrofoam.  bill w

Of course.  We have that now: there are materials we can add to the ABS during manufacturing to make it break down over time.  The problem is that it starts breaking down the minute it comes off of the machine.  Perhaps you recall the biodegradable trash bags.  If you do, and if you didn’t use them right away, you already know why those didn’t last long in the grocery stores.

Regarding the seams on your shampoo bottle and milk jug, what did you see?