[ExI] occupation and IQ - two data sets

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 07:50:45 UTC 2020

The results of the IQ comparison site mildly surprised me. It seemed to
indicate the average managerial or non-academic teaching position may
require more mental power than I would have thought. But engineers don't
hit the 130 IQ tier, but generally professors do? I find that a bit off,
though I do realize many academics are very bright people. I've read that
military officers usually get higher results from IQ tests than executives
in corporate America. I find that fact very interesting and not really
surprising.

I'd like to see an IQ breakdown among medical doctors, to see how IQ
affects their career specialization, income and performance. And then see
something similar done for lawyers and engineers.

John

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 5:18 AM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <