[ExI] plastic turkeys

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 10:44:33 UTC 2020

Anton Sherwood wrote:
"Are there tiers of membership?"

My understanding is that Mensa members can take further tests to confirm
having a higher IQ than what is required to simply get in the door. And so
some join and associate with these "higher ranks of the intellect."
Mensans, like transhumanists and cryonicists, like forming all sorts of
groups under a common banner.

There are also other organizations with similar aims and structure along
the lines of Mensa. But some of them are vastly more exclusive/difficult to
join because the membership IQ requirements are far more demanding. The
Prometheus Society has an entry test which generally only 1 in 30,000
people will pass. By comparison, 1 in 50 people can pass the Mensa entry
test. And so Mensa has over 100,000 members globally, while The Prometheus
Society has only around 100...

I'm waiting for someone to create an even more demanding organization,
which only about 1 in a billion people will qualify to join! They will only
have around half a dozen members at any time, and the name will be, "The We
Are So Much Smarter Than Everyone Else Society!" Lol They will crash the
events of other high IQ groups, and mock them for being such intellectual
dullards...

John  ;  )

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 8:37 AM Anton Sherwood via extropy-chat <