[ExI] Love the USPS? Join the Infrastructure Appreciation Society!

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 16:08:40 UTC 2020

 "It's a good time to salute infrastructure, from the postal system to the
CDC. Their often invisible work still needs to be tended—and honored."

"One of the oddest outcomes of our long global disaster has been an
emergent appreciation for big, shared, legacy institutions and the
infrastructure they support. I see it on Twitter
<https://www.wired.com/tag/twitter/>, I hear it in conversations, I read it
in the news. People care about mail sorting. They want *Stars and Stripes*
to keep publishing. They want people with medical degrees, not politicians,
to run our pandemic response. I guess being indoors a lot while the world
crumbles will make you more sensitive to the fact that you exist as a
single human node within a lattice of overlapping networks"

https://www.wired.com/story/usps-cdc-infrastructure-appreciation-society