[ExI] Intelligence test

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 19:28:18 UTC 2020

I love problems where the question contains all sorts of irrelevant
information and the answer is easy without any calculation necessary and
the quick answer is always wrong:

"A pool contains a plant that doubles in size each day.  How many days does
it take for the plant to fill the pool?"  (If you take more than three
seconds on this one you flunk)

Or - three men take three days to dig a hole - how many days does it take
them to dig half a hole? (5 seconds max)  scroll for answers:

29 days - many just blurt out 15 - none of you, certainly
You can't dig half a hole (setup did not say a hole half the size of the
first one - can't assume that)

bill w

On Wed, Nov 25, 2020 at 12:33 PM Dave Sill via extropy-chat <