[ExI] Thanksgiving

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 16:51:06 UTC 2020

Dear chat group:

If there were a competition for being thankful, I think I must win it.

I am alive and still have most of my brain, except some of the memory parts
are slowing down.  I have two cancers, a damaged heart and a bad back.  Yet
I have more to be thankful for than to complain about.

I have access to endless books and CDs, a big TV, laptop, and coming
gadgets:  iPhone 12 Pro Max, and Applewatch.

Most of all I have two 13 year old girls who are my yard workers and my
inside help for whatever I need.  Truly they are Earth Angels.  One I am
teaching piano.  Both will order seeds and plants for next year's garden
which I will grow to the planting stage, and they will take over from
there. So I will still have a garden even though the most I can do is water
something.   Their mother, Debby, is bringing us Thanksgiving dinner.

I am thankful that all of my family is still alive. For some of us we can
only hope for better days ahead.  Even I can get better, my cardiologist
says.

I am thankful that Roz did not come off worse than she did:  she fell and
broke her right shoulder and her left forearm, the latter of which she will
have surgery for next week.  So I am doing just about everything for her
that I can do, and thanks to Angela, my daughter, for her help so far.  Roz
has osteoporosis, so the fall could have been much worse.

Having a heart attack is always a wakeup call.  So I've had mine.  I take
disgusting pills that are said to keep me alive, and should be thankful to
have them.  Well, sorta.

And a Happy Nonplastic Turkey Day to all of you:

bill w